When the winter rolls around, our wardrobes usually suffer from a bad case of drabness. Cold months tend to repel the inspiration to include colorful, bold pieces to our daily look. Instead we opt for darker colors, like black, navy blue, brown, and anything that is classified as a neutral color. And while these colors are great to have, they are not colors to wear all the time, every day. Dark colors are equated with boredom and just like the saying “you are what you eat,” you are what you wear. If you wear dark colors all the time, you are going to feel dark and maybe even depressed. Clothes are supposed to make you feel happy. And you know the best way to do that? Add some color to your wardrobe. Get rid of neutral and add some brights! Here are just a few days to lighten up your drab wardrobe!
1) Take your neutral outfit up a notch by including a colorful bag. Bright arm candy is all the rage and shows off a certain air of polish and panache.
2) Add a little touch of color with your sunglasses. Go for jewel-toned shades! Just remember to choose a frame and complements your face and doesn’t look out of proportion.
3) Let a little color peek out. Whether you choose a brightly hued bra or a strikingly colorful camisole, a little hint of color under a neutral top can really elevate what you are wearing!
4) Add some color with statement jewelry pieces. Over-sized bracelets and chunky necklaces are a perfect touch of color and add a whole lot of fun. And you don’t need to buy crazy-expensive pieces! Acrylic jewelry is fun, fashionable, and definitely won’t break the bank!
5) Go big or go home with a bright pair of pants! You can stick with a neutral colored top, but let your pants stand out! Slim cut pastel pants are currently hot on all the runways and you can get a pair for yourself! Best part of these is they can be dressed up or down!
6) Sometimes all it takes is a bright hue of nail polish to take you to the next level. Nail polish is versatile and you can always experiment to find out which colors fit your style and personality best!
7) You may not think about it, but your shoes can say a lot about who you are. If you are a fan of the white-on-white trend, a colored pair of shoes can go a long way to spice up your outfit.